Thursday, September 08, 2005

September 8

Today will probably be a very short posting...

In this morning's class we reviewed very quickly the two parts of the "Nature of History" assignment that we were working on in class yesterday. I gave you A&E's Top 100 Most Influential People of the Millennium list, and had you highlight the names on the list you recognized. I also distributed a handout to help you take notes during viewing of the accompanying Top 10 video. I then had you work on Part "C" of the assignment from yesterday. This assignment is due on Monday, September 12. Please remember that your letters of introduction are due tomorrow!


I collected your letters of introduction today in class. I must say that I was very impressed with the number of students who completed this assignment, the quality of the writing, and the interesting contents of the letters. You are all very interesting to read about. I distributed two maps of Canada, and a list of items that would like to be labeled on the maps. These maps must be labeled and colored for tomorrow's class. A word or two about evaluation of these maps: you will all start with 100% on these maps and I will make deductions for mistakes (in labeling and coloring, so don't color islands blue!), and of course for neatness.

See you tomorrow in class!!

No comments: