Wednesday, November 08, 2006

November 8

I collected your Chapter 10 questions and "Imperialism in Action" booklets at the beginning of class today. I then delivered a presentation on "The Causes of WWI". I will be sending this presentation to you shortly. I told you to read Chapter 12 in your textbook, and to take point form notes on the following sections:

  • Dual Entente
  • Weltpolitik
  • The Balkan Wars
  • The Schlieffen Plan
  • Assassination

I also distributed a reading booklet on "the Causes of World War I". Now I realize that certain aspects of this booklet may seem dated, rest assured the Soviet Union is no more and Germany is now unified. Aside from references to communist Europe, the reading is very well written and straightforward. I strongly encourage you to read this booklet, highlight, and make notes to yourself in it. Don't lose this booklet, it is a good resource to study from for your International Conflict Unit Final.

  • Imperialism Unit Final is on Monday, November 13th

You wrote your Sovereignty Unit Final today in class, this took most of the period.


  • WWI/WWII Research Project is due on Monday, November 13th


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

is there a study final for t3h imperialsim unit final dawg

Anonymous said...

will we get our sovereignty unit final marks tomorrow?

Anonymous said...

Mr. Gilchrist
do we have any homework?

10-1

Kevin Gilchrist said...

is there a study final for t3h imperialsim unit final dawg

------------------
Scroll down the screen to see the study guide. I didn't know that I was teaching Randy Jackson this semester (or maybe it's K Fed).

Kevin Gilchrist said...

will we get our sovereignty unit final marks tomorrow?

-------------------------
Please remind me to tell you, I am getting forgetful in my old age.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Mr. Gilchrist
do we have any homework?

--------------------
No. It would be a good idea to finish reading Chapter 1 over your long weekend. Your main focus should be finishing off your WWI/WWII Research Projects because they are due on Monday.