Tuesday, November 13, 2007

November 13


I delivered a presentation today on "The Expansion of Economic Globalization". I will be sending this presentation to you tonight, so please check your e-mail. I will be doing a homework completion check tomorrow on the Chapter 11 Key Terms. Also, today, I gave you a handout on the World Trade Organization (the WTO). Please read this booklet. On the back page of this booklet, there is the anti-globalization perspective, "Arguments Against the WTO". read and highlight this page. Next, I want you to go to the following website to see how the WTO might refute some of the arguments against their organization: "Ten Common Misunderstandings about the WTO." I would like you to make a chart, with arguments in favor of the WTO and arguments against the WTO, using these two sources as the basis. This WTO assignment is due on Thursday, and it will be worth double the usual homework check marks, so make sure that it's done!

I gave you some notes today on Woodrow Wilson's Fourteen Points. We looked at connections between Wilson's Fourteen Points and the treaties that were negotiated at the Paris Peace Conference. We also broke into smaller groups to discuss possible arguments and examples for tomorrow's in-class position paper. Please go directly to the Blenheim Room tomorrow. Please remember to send me by e-mail 5 difficult questions on WWI for our review game that is happening on Thursday. Please send those questions (and answers) to my CBE account: krgilchrist@cbe.ab.ca

No comments: