Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 10


I finished the presentation on the French Revolution today, I will be sending it out later tonight, so please check your e-mail. Please print off the "Nation and Identity" PowerPoint, I will be doing a homework check on it tomorrow. For homework, you are to do all of the Chapter 2 Key Terms and Questions tonight. The only key terms you don't have to do from Chapter 2 tonight are the last three on the list, which are part of the Napoleonic Era, which we have yet to get to in class. You have a World Geography Test on Friday, so please study. I posted the study guide on the blog yesterday, so please have a look at it. I'll put some links to some geography game sites below, so use them to help prepare for Friday's test.


I collected your Global Connections Map Assignment at the beginning of class today. I also gave you some time to do a peer edit of a classmates 1st draft of their informative essay. Some of you had an entire first draft completed, whereas other just had the first paragraph complete. The good copy of this essay is due tomorrow. I have sent you the rubric already, the rubric is also on the wiki. Please remember that you have your World Geography Test on Friday, I gave you the study guide in class yesterday, so if you missed class you need to get that from a classmate.

I know that I went over this in class, but I thought that I would put up some images that show you how to get on the wiki.

1. Go to pbwiki.com and click Log In



2. Enter the name of the wiki


3. Log on to the wiki (this picture is from the Social 10-1 wiki) by entering the username and password that I gave you in class.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

would i good definition for the Declaration of the Rights of Man be that it ebolished the 3 Estates and made France a nation?

-DB

Kevin Gilchrist said...

would i good definition for the Declaration of the Rights of Man be that it ebolished the 3 Estates and made France a nation?

-DB
----------------
A better definition would be that the Declaration of the Rights of Man asserted political and social equality of all men, the sovereignty of the people, and the natural right to liberty, property, security. It ushers in a new era in which the privileges of the Old Regime were abolished.

Anonymous said...

Is it required for us to use the Powerpoint Presentations to define the keyterms? I didnt get Chapter 2 Powerpoint and the book does not define all keyterms in full detail.

EL 20-1 P3