Tuesday, September 16, 2008

September 16


We finished watching "Whale Rider" today in class, and had a brief discussion about the film. I will be starting Chapter 3 material tomorrow. You will be given class time tomorrow to work on the Chapter 3 Key Terms and Questions, so don't worry about that tonight. You should use tonight to work on your Illustrated Concept Map Assignment, it's due on Thursday. On Friday, you have your Chapter 1-2 Quiz (please study!). Here is the study guide for this quiz.


I started a presentation today on the Napoleonic Era, which I'll finish tomorrow in class. Tomorrow, we'll be watching a video on Napoleon's invasion of Russia in 1812 and picking up where we left in the Napoleonic Era, namely with the Congress of Vienna. It might be a good idea to start reviewing material from Chapter 1-2, since you have a quiz on Monday on this material. Here is a link to the study guide.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will we have any class time tomorrow to work on the Concept map?

Social 10-1

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Will we have any class time tomorrow to work on the Concept map?

Social 10-1

---------------------
No, sorry we won't. During class time we'll be working on Chapter 3 material. I think you'll find in high school we move through way more material in half the time that they do in junior high. You have to do a lot work at home on your own.

Anonymous said...

What are the sub concepts?
Social 10-1

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I don't really get how to do the write up for the Illustrated Concept map.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

What are the sub concepts?
Social 10-1

----------------
Economic globalization is a sub-concept, globalization being the bigger concept.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Hey,
I don't really get how to do the write up for the Illustrated Concept map.

---------------------
For the concept map assignment you have to do a written description which you must use to further demonstrate you understand the concepts and the interrelationships and interconnections between those concepts. It's not where you would describe what your concept map looks like (as if I couldn't see it myself,in other words, don't write it like,"I started with globalization as my main concept, and from that I drew a few lines, one that connected to economic globalization and another one that connected to social globalization"). You will bore me to tears writing like that, so don't do it.

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I don't really understand the whole heiarchy part of the concept map.

Anonymous said...

By the way I'm 10-1.