Wednesday, September 17, 2008

September 17


We watched a short video on Napoleon's invasion of Russia in 1812, which is part of the Turning Points of History series. I then finished my presentation on the Napoleonic Era and the Congress of Vienna. I will be sending this presentation out in the next few days after I make some modifications to it. I also gave you an assignment today that is due on Monday, it's a DBA (Document Based Analysis) Assignment on the French Revolution. There are 4 parts to this DBA: What is the Third Estate?, Cahiers de doleances from the District of Dourdon, the Declaration of the Rights of Man, and La Marseillaise. You also have your Chapter 1-2 Test on Monday (here's the study guide, scroll down to find it), so you should do a little bit of the DBA each night, break up into parts. Please don't try to do it all in one night, your work will suffer as a result.


I went through profiles of four media transnationals today: AOL Time Warner, Viacom, The Walt Disney Company, and News Corporation. I will send the you notes on these media TNCs later tonight. We had a question and answer period on the Illustrated Concept Map assignment which is due tomorrow. I gave you some time to do your Chapter 3 Key Terms and Questions in class as well, they will be due on Monday. You have your Chapter 1-2 Quiz on Friday (make sure that you're on time!), here's the study guide.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not know how to do the heirachy in the concept map.

10-1

Kevin Gilchrist said...

I do not know how to do the heirachy in the concept map.

10-1

-----------------------
I'm on a break at University, so I thought that I'd answer your question. Hierarchy means a top-down relationship. If you start your web with globalization and then have economic globalization, social globalization, political globalization branch off from it...that demonstrates hierarchy, as does having individual and collective identity branching off from identity. I hope that helps.