Monday, September 22, 2008

September 22


I collected your Chapter 3 Key Terms and Questions at the beginning of class (they were due today). I gave you back your Global Connections essays, and gave you the results of the Chapter 1-2 Quiz that you wrote on Friday. Please remember that you have a Chapter 3-4 Quiz this Friday, September 26th. The study guide has been posted here on the blog, and is also on the wiki under Study Guides. We then went to the Blenheim Room to complete the D2L Web Awareness activity. If you don't complete the quiz in this D2L shell (get 100% on the quiz), your account may be frozen at the school. Make sure that you have completed this task, you will need access to the school network this semester and next semester! Also, I had you set up group blogs as well today. From time to time, you will be required to do pieces of writing on your group blogs. Tonight, I'd like you to do a first post (every group member must post on your blog) on this question: Is globalization beneficial or detrimental to the world's cultures? Please keep in mind that this isn't a question that requires you to take a firm stand, you may see globalization's benefits as well as its problems in your response. Also, I'd like to be added as an author to your blogs. I made a mistake in class when I said that you should add me as a reader. From time to time, I will need to be able to post on your blogs. So please add me as an author! Thanks!


You handed in your French Revolution DBA Assignments at the beginning of class today. If you didn't hand it in today, I will deduct 10% off of your DBA. You also wrote your Chapter 1-2 Test today, which took most of the period.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long approximately should our blog posts be?

10-1

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Tonight's post should be at least a paragraph or two.