Thursday, September 04, 2008

September 4


With both of my Social 20-1 classes today, I gave you a course outline, a unit organizer (with all four units of Social 20-1 laid out in a web), and an organizational web for Unit 1. I then started a presentation called "Nation and Identity" which I will be able to finish tomorrow. I also got your e-mail addresses today, so please check your e-mail, and respond back to my message. Please check your junk mail folder too, just in case my message ended up there. You should read Chapter 1 tonight, at least up to where I left off, right before the introduction of the concept of a civic nation. I'll try to remember to give you your access codes to the wiki tomorrow.


I gave you the course outline today in class, and then we went through an activity where we looked at different definitions of globalization. As you can see from this activity, the debate as to whether globalization is a beneficial or detrimental process in the world today is a very controversial topic. We also looked at some visual examples of items that have a connection to globalization. I also collected your e-mail addresses. I will be setting up the e-mail distribution list tomorrow during my prep. I have set up user accounts for you on the wiki, which I'll give to you tomorrow. Tomorrow we'll be playing some bingo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Gilchrist,

You should teach a social 30 class next sem :P

Just a suggestion

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Mr. Gilchrist,

You should teach a social 30 class next sem :P

Just a suggestion

---------------------
I am teaching Social 30 next semester.

Anonymous said...

Can you give an example of social, political, and environmnetal global connections, just so that I get an idea for the Social 10-1 First Writng Assignment. Thanks