Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 23


We covered a lot of ground today, as I walked you through democratic and non-democratic systems. I will send out a previous e-mail message with the characteristics of democracies and dictatorships. We also looked at types of dictatorships (we will revisit this in Unit 3) and totalitarianism. I gave you a handout on the characteristics of totalitarianism and a comparison between fascism and communism. You will write your Unit 2 WRA I tomorrow. On Thursday, you will write your Economic Systems Test. Please see the study guide here.


I did a homework check on the Chapter 6 Key Terms and Questions today. We talked about the aftermath of the attack on Pearl Harbor. We looked at the internment of Japanese-Canadians during WWII. I will be sending you a PowerPoint presentation on the internment of Japanese-Canadians. If I were you, I would print this presentation off and add it your notes (I will not do a homework check on this). This presentation is useful for this year, and also next year. We also watched a video called "Tides of War" and completed a film study. You will write your Chapter 5-6 Test on Thursday, here is the study guide. You should also check out the following section from the CBC Archives called "Relocation to Redress".



No comments: