Tuesday, March 02, 2010

March 2


We watched a video from the BBC 20th Century History series called "Boom and Bust". While you were watching this video, you were to complete the video study guide sheet that went with the video. I also gave you a handout on analyzing political cartoons. You will be able to use this handout on Friday when you have an in-class writing assignment where you will be analyzing an editorial cartoon that relates to material covered in Unit 1 or Unit 2. The cartoons will be displayed on the board and you get to pick them on a "first come first served" basis. I will be sending you a couple of things today: one is the sheet that you need to complete if you want to talk to me in tutorial about your in-class position paper. The other handout is an excellent booklet that covers monetary and fiscal policy in a great deal of detail. If you completely understand this booklet, I can almost guarantee you that if you get a question on monetary or fiscal policy on the Diploma Exam it will seem easy by comparison.


We watched another video from the CBS series on World War I, this one was "The Trenches". I also gave you a booklet called "Causes of World War I" that you should read before Thursday's class. You have your Unit 1 WRA I tomorrow. Make sure that you go through a trial run (practice writing it in 45 minutes) with the sample that I sent you yesterday. Just to remind you, you 10 minutes to brainstorm in small groups and 45 minutes to write it. On Friday, you have your Chapter 3-4 Test, please see the study guide here. On Monday, you have your Unit 1 Final Exam (scroll down on the February 26th post and you'll find it).

No comments: