Monday, March 01, 2010

March 1


I gave you back the marking sheets for the Unit 1 Essay today. I talked a little bit about areas of improvement for essay writing. We then focused our attention on Keynesian economics and looking at government intervention in the economy through monetary and fiscal policy. We revisited our "economic snapshots" of the business cycle and then looked at how demand side economists would use monetary and fiscal policy to "prime the pump" and pull the country out of recession. Please make sure that you read over all of the documents that I gave you today in class! I did a homework check on your Chapter 4 Questions as well today.


I went through advice on writing Written Response Assignment I (three source analysis). I have sent the advice sheet to you as well as a sample Unit 1 WRA I. Please try to find 45 minutes between now and Wednesday to try and write this sample WRA I. I won't take it in for marks, I just want you to practice writing under time pressure before you write on Wednesday, which is when you write your Unit 1 WRA I. Please remember that your Chapter 3-4 Test is on Friday (please see the study guide here) and your Unit 1 Final Exam is one week from today (please see the study guide here). I will do a homework check on your "Causes of World War I" PowerPoint presentation tomorrow, so make sure that you have it printed off. I did a homework check on your Chapter 4 Key Terms and Questions today as well. You will get the results back for your Chapter 1-2 Test tomorrow (I ran out of time today).

No comments: