Friday, November 04, 2005

November 4


I showed you the first 30 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" today in class. Although this film depicts the Americans landing at Omaha Beach in the D-Day invasion, Canadians would have faced similar conditions at Juno Beach. I collected your assignment which was due today. I did not assign any homework over the weekend.


I distributed an assignment today in class which is due next Wednesday. The assignment includes a map of Europe (1914) and a crossword puzzle.

Have a great weekend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we please watch the rest of the movie one day?

Anonymous said...

like on monday?? it is educational...

Anonymous said...

omg.......the chances of that happening are so slim cuz it'll depress us all......well at least most of us.

Anonymous said...

I would suggest a HBO D-Day series with less profanity called Band of Brothers.

Anonymous said...

correction: less graphic

Anonymous said...

y dont we just watch saving private ryan....

Anonymous said...

who cares Mr Gilchrist is ignoring us anyways

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Actually, I haven't been ignoring you. I've been reading the comments over the course of the weekend. It's been interesting to read the comments related to the film. I won't be showing the rest of the film, but I'm glad that you've been talking about. It's kind of neat that this comment area is sort of evolving into a discussion forum of sorts. Very cool.