Tuesday, October 11, 2005

October 11


I reiterated the school's academic policy at the beginning of the class. Please make sure that you understand our school's academic policy. If you're still not sure about "intellectual property" and what it means, or what constitutes plagiarism, please ask me. I assigned the following work from Chapter 17 in your textbook: page 357, Q1-2, Q4-7 and Q10. From page 358 (Apply your Knowledge) Q1 and Q3. Additionally, you are to follow the directions related to defining the following key terms:

  • CBC
  • NFB
  • CRTC
  • FIRA
  • NEP
  • Massey Commission
  • acid rain
  • Auto Pact

For those of you in Social 10-3, please make sure that you complete the key terms as the textbook instructs. I can't remember if I told you about this part of the assignment or not. You're still responsible for it.

I also handed out your interim report cards today. Please have your parent/guardian sign your interim report. There's information on the report card about interview times and location. PST interviews will held tomorrow. Interviews will be conducted on a first come first serve basis. Interview lengths will unfortunately be limited to 10 minutes apiece.

You will be having your Identity Unit Final on Tuesday, October 18th. A detailed study guide will be posted on this blog.


I returned some marked assignments today in class. I tried to emphasize that your interim report cards may not be entirely accurate. Many of you handed in assignments today that were due on Friday, on your interim report card you would have received a mark of zero for not handing it in. These interim reports are meant to be viewed as a progress report. This is not your final mark. You have the power to change it, but you'll have to do the work in order to change your mark. Please have your parent/guardian sign these interim report cards.

I asked you to read pages 108-113, and to answer the questions on page 113, Q1-4 ("Check in Here"). These questions are due on Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Confused in 10-3 says: I don't think you told us to do the defenitions. *Shrug* I also think that your defenition list is missing a few defentions (accidentally or intentionally? I don't know because you didn't tell us.).

Kevin Gilchrist said...

I defnitely forgot to tell you about the definitions. The list of key words that I have on the blog are the ones that I want you to define. I didn't have Social 10-1 define all of the terms either.