Friday, October 28, 2005

October 28


Today we focused on editing the position paper outlines that were due today. I had you share some of your ideas, arguments and examples with the class, to aid others in writing their papers. We then spent some time in a peer editing session. Please don't forget that you MUST have a written draft of your position paper ready for class on Monday, since we will be doing another peer edit then. Just to let you know, if you have any questions about writing your position paper please feel free to post a comment. Please be aware that I will probably only check this blog for comment postings on Friday night and Sunday night because I will be out of town this weekend. So if you have a question, please post it sooner rather than later.


I gave you the results of your Industrial Revolution test at the beginning of class today. I gave you the remainder of class time to work on your Imperialism assignment. This assignment is due on Tuesday, November 1st. If you were having troubles finding certain cities in Africa for this assignment, please check yesterday's posting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do we have to title our position papers, or just use the question 'to what extent should the canadian government promote candian culture and identity' as the title?
thxx

Anonymous said...

are we alowed to use "I, my, etc"?
as in, In my opinion...

Anonymous said...

hi

for our position paper, the outline stated that we must have 3 arguements. But there maybe one argument which we would like to focus on instead of three, so are we allowed to expand on one or two arguements, instead of three? This way, i think its much more productive and much more easier to write, and structurally, i think it would be better too..

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Hi, I'll try to answer these questions as easily as possible. Don't worry about giving the position paper a title, just use the question. You are allowed to use "in my opinion", "I" and other similar phrases. It would depend on the structure of your essay and arguments, but I suppose it would be okay to have two arguments, with one them being very well developed.

Anonymous said...

thank you

Anonymous said...

I suck