Thursday, October 13, 2005

October 13


I delivered a PowerPoint presentation today in class, entitled "Nationalism in Europe", which focused on the unification of Italy and the unification of Germany. I will be sending this presentation out later this evening. I assigned the following for homework: read pages 113-117 in the textbook, and answer the following questions from page 117, Q1-4 "Check in Here". Hopefully, you were able to complete this assignment in time that you were given in class. You will also have a quiz on "Nationalism in Europe" on Monday, October 17th. The study guide for this quiz will be posted on the blog tomorrow. The emphasis for this quiz will be mostly on the unification of Italy and Germany. Please check the blog tomorrow for a more detailed study guide.


If you missed today's class then you missed seeing a guest speaker, Gwynne Dyer, present his thoughts on terrorism in the post-9/11 world. I hope that you got something from the presentation. Please check your e-mail tonight, I will be sending you some notes to help you keep pace with Social 10-1.


I gave you some readings on Canadian-American relations, and Canada's role in the UN peacekeeping operations. I also asked you to do a little online research tonight to see if you can find some information about the softwood lumber dispute between Canada and the United States. I will be posting the study guide for Tuesday's Identity Unit Final later tonight.

No comments: