Monday, October 24, 2005

October 24


I delivered a presentation today that outlined how World War I started, and how Canada became involved in this conflict. I also started talking about some Canadian contributions to the war effort. I have sent this presentation out to you already, so if there any problems regarding this PowerPoint please post a comment or e-mail me directly and I will send it out again. I returned all outstanding marking today, unless of course, you handed something in late. I will try to post current marks outside the classroom this week, so you know exactly how you are doing in Social Studies currently. I have asked you to read all of Chapter 7 in Canada: A Nation Unfolding for Wednesday. I asked you to take notes on trench warfare, as it was described in this chapter. Please use these headings to help focus your reading/note-taking:
1. Organization of the Trenches (see diagram on page 141, and description page 140- 141)

2. Conditions in the Trenches (see pages 141-143)


We did a little review of the Industrial Revolution for the upcoming test (it's on Thursday) by playing a round of Jeopardy. I also assigned the following reading: pages 198-203, and questions 1-4 on page 203 for tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the summary of Chapter 7, do we have to include the diagram in our notes, or should we just describe it? And the notes are in point form, right? Thanks ^^

Anonymous said...

er... how long are the notes supposed to be?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

I'm sorry that I didn't visit the blog earlier tonight, so hopefully my answer here will help.

How long are the notes supposed to be? As long as they need to be. I would surprised if they were a page in length. Write point form notes. Describe the diagram, you don't have to be an artist. Thanks.