Wednesday, March 07, 2007

March 7


I gave you back the results of the Democracy Unit Final, as well as giving you some handouts related to your Social 33 Diploma Exam. I also gave you a handout on fascist Italy and told you what parts you needed to know from it. I then gave you a readings booklet about Nazi Germany that I would like to have finished reading for tomorrow.


I gave you back some test results at the beginning of class. I went through my second presentation/lecture on Canadian Identity, which I will be sending to you later tonight (please check your e-mail). I gave you a reading called "Canadians Are Not Americans" and told you to answer the following questions based on the reading:

  1. Define "melting pot".
  2. What does the author mean by using the term "fruitcake"?
  3. The author claims that Canada's identity has developed through an evolutionary process. Refer directly to the article and quote the passage where the author justifies /explains this position.
  4. List what you consider to be the three unique characteristics of Canada's identity as explained in the article.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr.Gilchrist, I e-mailed my timeline to you just now. I know I said at 5, but it took longer than I expected.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

If you are who I think you are (W.L.), then I haven't received it. Make sure that you send it to krgilchrist@cbe.ab.ca

Anonymous said...

i didn't recieve the presentation of today and yesterday

Kevin Gilchrist said...

i didn't recieve the presentation of today and yesterday

-----------------
Sorry, I forgot to send today's presentation out. I did send out yesterday's though.