Monday, September 10, 2007

September 10


For part of today's class we played "Global Bingo", in which you circulated around the room to find classmates that had global connections. You were supposed to plot those names on a world map that I gave to each of you. Your homework assignment tonight is very straightforward: find 25 items in your house from 25 different countries. Try to think of finding items from the following broad categories: food, clothing, electronics, and entertainment. If you find something in your home that you want to include in your list of items but it doesn't fit into one of these categories, then by all means, create a new category. For example, let's say that you have Egyptian cotton sheets for your bed, you could create a category called household goods. Please put all of this information into an easy to read chart, it will make creating your map easier. Please DO NOT start filling out your maps tonight! Resist the urge to start coloring!! Please check your e-mail inboxes, I'm sending out another test message! Please check your junk mail folders, my first messages tend to go there first.


I went over the Enlightenment Thinkers chart very quickly at the start of class, and I did a homework check on it. I then delivered a presentation/lecture on "France: A Setting for the Revolution", which I will send to you. I gave you a chart to fill out as I delivered this presentation. Please make sure that your read Chapter 2, p.23-31 tonight, it will help you to further understand the content. Please check your e-mail inboxes, and your junk mail folders. Please respond back to my e-mail messages, if you haven't already.

No comments: