Thursday, September 13, 2007

September 13


I collected your Chapter 2 questions at the beginning of class today. I assigned Q 1-8 from Chapter 3 today. It would be a good idea to make sure that you have finished these eight questions as soon as possible, as more questions will be assigned tomorrow. I will be sending you an assignment related to the Declaration of the Rights of Man by e-mail tonight, so please check your e-mail accounts and read the e-mail message carefully.

  • French Revolution Timeline Assignment is due Friday, September 14th
  • Enlightenment Thinkers Quiz is on Monday, September 17th
  • Declaration of the Rights of Man assignment is due on Monday, September 17th
  • DBA #1 is due on Wednesday, September 19th


I will be handing back your maps tomorrow. I told you at the beginning of class that you will be writing a world geography test on Tuesday, September 18th. I gave you a list of world capitals and countries that will likely appear on this test. I would like my Social 10-3 class to add the following cities to your lists: Baghdad and New Delhi. I also went over a basic essay structure with you today for your first writing assignment (an informative essay). I gave you some time to write your introductory paragraphs and to have them edited by a classmate. This written assignment is due on Monday, September 17th. I have sent you the rubric for this essay, and I would really like you to use that rubric to improve your writing. Look at how you are being assessed and use that information to improve your writing. Here is a link to a geography game that might help you in preparing for your world geography test:

  • Writing Assignment is due Monday, September 17th
  • World Geography Test is on Tuesday, September 18th

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is our essay talking about our impact on the world through the choices we make, or about the choices we make and how it influences globalization? I'm kind of confused about the two.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Is our essay talking about our impact on the world through the choices we make, or about the choices we make and how it influences globalization? I'm kind of confused about the two.

--------------------
It's the first one: your choices, your effects on the world (both positive and negative).

Anonymous said...

do we need to double space our essay?