Thursday, September 20, 2007

September 20


I quickly went over the Declaration of the Rights of Man assignment. I then delivered a presentation on "The Rise of Napoleon Bonaparte" today in class. I will be sending that presentation to you today, so please check your e-mail, and print it off. I assigned some questions from Chapter 4 (Q1-8, Q9, 11, 12, 14, 16) in the textbook which are due on Monday. I also gave you DBA #2, which is due a week from today.



  • French Revolution Quiz is on Monday, September 24th
  • Chapter 4 Questions (Q1-8, Q9, 11, 12, 14, 16) are due Monday, September 24th
  • DBA #2 is due Thursday, September 27th



We finished watching "Whale Rider" today in class, and then we discussed the film. I assigned Chapter 2 key terms, and the Chapter 2 questions for homework tonight, I will be checking them in class tomorrow. I also told you that I will be giving you a quiz on Chapters 1-2 in the text.


  • Chapter 2 Key Terms and Questions from the Unit 1 Worksheet are due tomorrow
  • Illustrated Concept Maps are due Monday, September 24th
  • Chapters 1-2 Quiz is on Tuesday, September 25th

  • Quiz date: Tuesday, September 28th
  • Format: Matching Section, Short Answer Section
  • Study ALL key terms from Chapters 1-2
  • Pay special attention to Case Studies/Investigations in Chapters 1-2
  • Study "Questions for Inquiry"/ be able to provide examples/case studies from the text

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When is the chapter 1 & 2 test (social 10)

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Read the study guide again carefully.

Anonymous said...

what is the coup d'eta?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

what is the coup d'eta?

---------------------
A coup d'etat means to overthrow the government/leadership.