Thursday, September 06, 2007

September 6


I took in your friendly letters today at the beginning of class. I went through an presentation/lecture on "An Overview of Europe Before the French Revolution". I will be sending that presentation to you today before 7 p.m., so please check your e-mail inboxes. You also completed a chart on a comparison of the peasantry and upper classes in European society. Tomorrow, we'll be looking at some of the major thinkers of the Enlightenment period, so it's a good idea to do some reading in Century of Change (p.5-12) in preparation for tomorrow's lecture. Please let me know if don't receive today's presentation before 7 p.m.


I collected your letters today, and I started to pass around the e-mail lists. I'll pass the e-mail lists around again tomorrow to make sure that I have every one's e-mail address. For most of the class period we examined different definitions of globalization. As you could tell from this activity, there are many different perspectives about globalization, and whether it is a beneficial or detrimental force in our world today. We also looked at some visual examples of globalization and tried to make connections to globalization. We'll be looking at how globalization has an impact on our individual identity in our next class together. Please read the following pages in Perspectives on Globalization (assuming that you didn't finish this in class): pages 2-4, page 6 for tomorrow.

No comments: