Wednesday, September 12, 2007

September 12


I collected your maps today, but before I did this, I had you answer some discussion questions and then work in small groups. We had a brief class discussion about the questions. I then assigned your first writing assignment, centered upon the following question: What are some of my effects on the rest of the world? I had you start by brainstorming the advantages and disadvantages of your various global connections. I really want you to think about the economic, social/cultural, and political connections that you have with the rest of the world and incorporate that in your writing. The good copy for this writing assignment will be on Friday (September 14th).


I went through a presentation/lecture on the "Key Events of the French Revolution". I will be sending this presentation to you this afternoon, so please check your e-mail inboxes (you don't have to respond back to this e-mail message, I'm just assuming that you are getting my e-mail messages now). I gave you a handout to help you organize a timeline of the key events in the French Revolution, this is due on Friday. Please have a look at the important dates below.

  • Ch. 2 Questions (Q1, 3, 5-7, 13-17) are due tomorrow (September 13th)
  • French Revolution Timeline Assignment is due Friday, September 14th
  • Enlightenment Thinkers Quiz is on Monday, September 17th
  • DBA #1 is due on Wednesday, September 19th

No comments: