Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April 29


I covered the results and consequences of WWII for most of the class, first by going through some notes called "The Results of WWII" (which I have already sent to you, so please print them off and add them to your notes). I also gave you some handouts related to the effects and consequences of WWII, and finally you worked on an individual challenge: a "WWII Identification List". There were prizes for the winners. Tomorrow, we'll be moving on to the post-WWII era, looking at the seeds of the Cold War that were planted during the end of WWII. It would be a great idea to start reading Chapters 9-10 in Global Forces of the 20th Century, and taking notes on these chapters as well. Please make sure that you read the WWII Conferences and Agreement notes that I did a homework check on today in class. This will help your understanding of the post-WWII world a lot. Next Wednesday, there will be a WWII Unit Exam. I will post the study guide on the blog tomorrow.


I showed an excerpt from "Enemy at the Gates" at the start of class, and then gave you the remainder of class time to work on your Events of World War II booklets. Please remember to do some work on your Causes of WWII Assignment that is due on Friday tonight.



We started our film study of "Gandhi" today. Before I started the film, I took in Part 1 of your case study (the background information) on India.


No comments: