Tuesday, April 11, 2006

April 11

We played a review game of Jeopardy! today in anticipation of your WWI/WWII Quiz tomorrow. Keep studying. I also handed out the essay question sheet and an essay outline sheet. If you missed today's class, please send me an e-mail and I will send it to you. You need to prepare tonight for Thursday's in-class position paper. If you have any questions, please see me in tutorial tomorrow morning.

I went over some basic economic theory today in class. This lecture and notes that took from the board will form the basis of the ideological reaction to industrialization that we will be getting into tomorrow. Don't forget that your Chapter 6 questions (Q1-19) are due tomorrow. Your Industrial Revolution Quiz is on Thursday, please see the April 6th post for the study guide. Here's the hyperlink to the Cotton Millionaire Game (read the instructions, and then click on "play the game").

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you post a link to a sample position paper that fits your rubric?

Anonymous said...

Can we use examples from after the war?
ex. many women quit working which left job opportunities for men

something like that?

Anonymous said...

how should i set up my introduction paragraph

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Now here's a question that I can answer and help many people at once. Please find the SS10 Position Paper Marking Guide that I gave you. Make sure that your introductory paragraph covers ALL of the elements/questions that appear at the top of that sheet. Also, on the essay question sheet I asked you to highlight certain things before the preamble to the question, make sure that you do all of those things!