Tuesday, April 25, 2006

April 25


You wrote your Sovereignty Unit Final today in class. Please don't forget that your WWI/WWII Research Project is due tomorrow. Also don't forget to find a political cartoon to analyze. That assignment is due next Monday (May 1st). For a starting point for this assignment, please see the April 24th post.
Here's some links for WWI and WWII Research projects: April 7th and April 8th

  • WWI/WWII Research Project is due Wednesday, April 26th
  • Interpreting Political Cartoons Assignment is due Monday, May 1st

I delivered a presentation today on "The Causes of World War I". The version that I have sent to you by e-mail may look slightly different than the one I delivered in class. I assigned the following sections in Chapter 12 that I want you to read and take notes on:

  • the Dual Entente
  • Weltpolitik
  • map on page 223
  • page 224-225 foreign conflict
  • Schlieffen Plan
  • assassination (page 227-229)

I also gave you a reading booklet called "The Causes of World War I". Please read this booklet and highlight and make notes to yourself in the margins. I think that this booklet is an invaluable resource (don't lose it!).

  • "Imperialism in Action" booklet is due on Wednesday, April 26th
  • Imperialism Unit Final is on Monday, May 1st

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

is there anyway to search your archives so I can look back at some links for the poster project?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Uh-oh. Sounds like someone is leaving their project to the last night! I'll post a link on the blog for you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks

Anonymous said...

what are you marking our projects on?

Anonymous said...

If we did the project as a website, how should we 'hand it in'?

Kevin Gilchrist said...

If you want to know what the marking rubric is for any of the projects simply send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you (although I have to say that that's a question that you should have asked earlier). If you did a website, please burn all files to a CD and hand that in.