Friday, October 20, 2006

October 20


We had our first two presenters come up to the front of the room to discuss their current event topics at the start of class. Current events presentations will take about 5-10 minutes at the start of every class. I then started a presentation/lecture on the Interwar Years, which I will send out to you next week. I didn't finish this presentation in class, so I'll finish it up on Monday.

  • Position Paper Outline is due on Monday, October 23rd
  • Chapter 8 and 9 Key Terms are due on Tuesday, October 24th

I did a homework check on your Chapter 9 Key Terms and the Bismarck Word Search and Crossword Puzzle at the beginning of the class. We then played a review game called "Blitz" for the remainder of the period. Please remember to study for your Nationalism Unit Final and complete your board game project this weekend too!


  • Nationalism Unit Final is on Monday, October 23rd (study guide)
  • French Revolution/Napoleon Board Game Project is due on Tuesday, October 24th

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow no comments lol

Anonymous said...

how far should we be in our readings of the text book? Should chapter 9 be done by monday?

social 10-1

Kevin Gilchrist said...

how far should we be in our readings of the text book? Should chapter 9 be done by monday?

social 10-1

---------------------
You should have read Chapters 7-9 by Monday. I will be finishing up the presentation/lecture on the Interwar Years on Monday, and then heading straight into WWII from there. I'll be assigning key terms from the WWII chapters soon as well, which covers Chapters 12-14 (if my memory serves me right).

Anonymous said...

Can our hook be a question? or would you rather not?
social 10-1

Kevin Gilchrist said...

Can our hook be a question? or would you rather not?
social 10-1

--------------------
I'd rather it not be a question.

Anonymous said...

im having some troubles with the conclusion is there maybe a website you can refer to me to view an example of a good conclusion

thanks

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to be there on Monday can u maybe give me a brief outline on what we r doing. (An e-mail would be great)
Thanks

FH
SS 10-1

Anonymous said...

i thought the conclusion was due tuesday??

Kevin Gilchrist said...

im having some troubles with the conclusion is there maybe a website you can refer to me to view an example of a good conclusion
-----------------
I'm sorry I don't have a website to help you out with that. Come see me in tutorial on Monday.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

I'm not going to be there on Monday can u maybe give me a brief outline on what we r doing. (An e-mail would be great)
Thanks

FH
SS 10-1

--------------------
You're missing out on the conclusion of the Interwar Years presentation and I'll be starting WWII tomorrow. Check the blog tomorrow.

Kevin Gilchrist said...

i thought the conclusion was due tuesday??

-------------------------
The Position Paper outline (including a conclusion) is due tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

From the Age of Bismarck, do we need to know only his Domestic and Foreign Policy?

SS 20-3

Kevin Gilchrist said...

From the Age of Bismarck, do we need to know only his Domestic and Foreign Policy?

SS 20-3

----------------
Study mostly from the PowerPoint presentation and the key terms too. That will be more than enough.